My first day of selective


I began my selective posting today in A&E department Hospital Bintulu. It's a lot of fun and I've experienced a lot of new stuff even on day 1 itself! Here are two of the most interesting things that I did:

1) My first ambulance ride, yeah, sitting in an ambulance with the siren on! It feels so orgasmic when all the vehicles on the road give way to you. You feel like there's nothing bigger than you in the world. However I didn't do much at the scene (a man felt off a lorry and sustained a hit at the back) as I just stood there like an idiot not knowing what to do
2) My first circumcision. Wow, this is the most fun part. I performed (99% assisted by a senior MA) on a twelve year old kid under local analgesia! Even I felt the pain when I saw them giving the analgesia, imagine a big needle going into the bulb of your dick! However my cut was horrible and the MA had to retrimed the poor kid's foreskin again and again. I tried to suture the wound and the MA stopped me after 2 stitches as I was clumsy and slow. He even cut my stitch and restitch again, how insulting is that! I was also amazed by the wide variety in sizes and maturity of a human's dick although all of them belonged to twelve years old children. I saw 6 cases today and trust me, dick really varies btw individuals!

My posting is super pack, 8 hours per day! Starting next week, I even have to do night shift! Well, for the first day, i enjoyed myself and hopefully I get some more chance to polish up my circumcision skill. If you have any relatives or friends that want to have this done, pls do spread the news and encourage them to come to Hospital Bintulu. It's painless, I promise...;P

0 comments: