My naughty students

I taught in my former secondary school as a temporary teacher in last semester break. The principal still remember me well although I’ve left the school for almost four years. (She once thought that Daniel is my younger brother when we went back together to get our SPM slip ..haha…)

Among the five classes that I’ve taught, 2J made me headache the most and I was appalling with their attitudes.

One day, I was standing outside the class and waiting for them to finish with their duties. One of the girls stood at the door and smiled naively to me. Her smile was sweet and I was about to open my mouth to talk to her….

But the girl started shouting in Chinese when a female teacher walked pass me..

“ Old fierce lady!! No wonder no one wants to marry you! Lao chu nv!”

I was shocked and my thought went completely blank! I can’t imagine if the teacher turn back and slap the girl..

Surprisingly, the teacher just walked pass without showing any anger on her face ….( Phew!!)

When the teacher lost in our sight, the girl looked at me and said,

“Don’t worry la, she can’t understand Chinese la!”

Well, although the teacher is Iban, I still remember that she can talk Chinese fluently to other teachers at office…

However, the boys in the class appeared to be the funniest that I’ve ever met. When I asked them to keep quiet, they will start singing the chorus of “shut up” by simple plan.. (..””).. I wonder, if I told them to get out of the class, will they continue to sing, “Get out, get out, get out, get out of my way!”

Anyway, I realized that teaching isn’t a suitable job for me…My happy face will only induce the students make more noise instead of listening to me…

0 comments: