My Pahang trip

I have the intention to visit Mei Shuet's (my room mate) home town since last two years. But, i always chicken at the very last minute.

I managed to get myself three days off from my research and visited Pahang in last semester break. Mei Shuet's home town is Temerloh. A small town where you can reach after two-hour driving from Kuantan.

Our trip to Pahang appeared to be tiring as the bus broke down at Titiwangsa. (#$%&##@)

Her father Mr. Chiew is a primary school teacher, who I think could be a very good tour guide if he retired from his recent career. My three days in Pahang weren't as bored as I think. Her father brought us to many places.

I managed to get on speed boat boat! yahoo!!!

Penguin and Michelle at the park.

We visited to her mum's working placen before going to Kuala Krau, a place that i never heard, not even in my geography text book.

Penguin in Kuala Krau:

The next day, her father drove us to Kuantan to visit a best friend of him. The pretty girl on the very left is his best friend's daughter.

Here come to the interesting part. I noticed a Pang's clinic and KK's shops in Kuantan.


KK's tyre at the roadside


KK's...it's a printing shop if i'm not mistaken...

And when I went to wash room...

KK's tap!! (What's so interesting of KK anyway?)

Mei Shuet took me to her grandmother's home on the third day. There tasted the most delicious home - made chicken rice! Yummy!!

When we were on the way back to Penang, we nearly took the wrong bus ata rest station as the similar bus numbers were confusing us!

Although Temerloh is a small town, but there are a lot of delicious food too. I was having every meals with Mei Shuet's famil and I think it is unmannered if I take picture of the food in front of her parents. Thus, there's no photo of food available here. Mei Shuet told me that "Ikan Batin" is famous in Temerloh. I don't ask to try it out as the smell of fish will turn my stomach, especiallly the fish caught from river. If I was forced to taste it, I will eat it with extreme hot chilli so as to cover the unpleasant taste. After all, I won't be able to tell what Ikan Batin taste like. Ha...

1 comments:

  1. K.K. said,

    Heh, I never show off u think i sick cat.
    Now u knw de extent of globalisation of my name...

    on January 2, 2007 at 7:49 PM