Life in Batu Pahat

Well, I just started my semester 10 in Batu Pahat. Of all the postings, i started with O&G, notorious for being the busiest, and now i know why! This is basically the schedule:

1) morning ward rounds: 7am-11:30am
2) evening class: usually 2-4pm

3) weekday calls (once a week): 7pm-5am :o
4) weekend calls (once a posting): 8am-9pm

Since there is no more end of posting exam, we are now accessed base on our day to day performance. This means that i can't be caught escaping! I might fail if the lecturers think i'm a lazy bump and therefore not fit to be a doctor! well, life just begin to sucks for me. Did my first on call on Tuesday and i was basically black out by the time i returned home in the late afternoon the next day. Sigh, this is suppose to be just the beginning for my career and yet i have such a grayish outlook for my future... why did i choose medicine in the first place?

wanna know how the labour room in Batu Pahat hospital look like at 3am in the morning?

Haven't really had time to explore Batu Pahat yet but it's essentially larger than Seremban and it's freaking hot here! Have hard time to sleep as i am basically drenched in sweat every nights. Sien, i think i have adjustment disorder already...To top my problem, i get a detention class somemore this Sunday from 8am-8pm (for reason i don't want to disclose, paisei la)! This must be yet the worst part of my life ever...

On the lighter side, went to JB last week and celebrated merdeka by watching fireworks at Danga Bay with Robin and my brother, here are the pictures:



0 comments: