Life of an ultimate microbiologist in her final year

First let’s take a look at her territory in biotechnology lab. (Even though I’m majoring in microbiology, my final year project has nothing to do with my major. I was given a research related to molecular biology which is a division of biotechnology.)


Well, it’s not easy to be a microbiologist, Meng Seong and I nearly became roasted chicken wings in the lab. A biotech student who operated the autoclave machine without filling distilled water nearly caused an explosion in the lab. Meng Seong and I were culturing the bacteria happily near the autoclave machine!! Fortunately, the postgraduates found out earlier.

I’m not bad though, I nearly burnt myself!! Look at my pity lab coat.. YES, I burnt it when I was spreading the culture at a lamina flow! Phew, it was close! My cultures were all contaminated as I blew out the fire on my lab coat near the culture plate (Foolish!)…

Well, I was not alone in the lab. I have visitors..Ya, they are “Mousey” and “Ratty”. But they were sentenced to death on the charge of larceny (stealing and eating agar plates).

Besides that, I broke my own record by staying awake 26 hours with MC in the lab doing our research a day before we went back for Mid-term break and CNY holiday. MC was amazed as I managed to get the desired genes and clones within the 26 hours. (Thanks God, I went back happily for my holiday.)

Here are some pictures of my seniors, who are positioned in the main lab.


I really appreciate their help during my research. Thank you!

0 comments: