The Public Speaking Club (U.X.M)

I joined the club to prepare myself for the final year viva. I need to overcome the fear of stage and crowd!!

The members of the club will be assigned six assignments. The member needs to complete the assingments in order to get the certificate of participation.

The interesting part of the club is:

While presenting, there is a timer reminding you if you have exceeded the time.

After presentation, the "AH" counter (calculate how many ah, umm, hmm, oh... and unnecessary conjunctions that you have made) will tell you, " Miss Chien, you have 2 umm's, 18 ah's, and 5 unnecessary "and"...

Next, the grammarian. As the name implies, this person will correct the grammar mistakes from the speech. "Miss Chien, you have few grammar mistakes. Instead of there are some "dog", it is "dogs"..(woo..it wasn't my fault, it's "dogs" in my speech...but..but...I can't pronounce the "s" properly...)

Finally, the evaluator, who will evaluate your performance according to your eye contact, body gesture, voice and speech content. "Well, Miss Chien, you have successfully planted yourself on the ground (no movements....haha....). Besides, try to have proper eye contact with your audience. Your voice is good but try to improve your body gesture, you are not tree...(haha..ha...)

Well, at least i've confidence to stand on the stage (no bad though) after i finishing all the six assignments. If I further study in Penang in the future, I'll join the Penang Toastmaster Club, where I can impove more by doing more assignments.

0 comments: